Software Installation and Uninstallation Steps
How to Install, Re-Install and Uninstall a Programme?
Computer systems have become an integral part of our life. The various software programmes installed in our systems not just help us perform our work easily, but also help us in managing our schedules, help us enjoy our favourite music and movies etc. However, if you are wondering about how to install new software, here are easy steps that you can follow to install any software with a Windows operating system:
Before installing software in your system, there are couple of things that you will have to take care of. Firstly, check the specifications mentioned on the pack containing your software to understand your system requirements. Secondly, there is a readme file in the same directory as the installation files that will give you step by step instruction on how to install the software. Thirdly, in most cases, after you install new software, your system will require reboot. Do not save it for later and go through the reboot session to ensure that your software runs perfectly.
HOW TO INSTALL
Use AutoplayIf you are using a CD or DVD to install your software, you will more than often find an Autoplay option that takes you through the installation process step by step.
Manual Installation1. Go to My Computer.
2. Open the drive that contains the installation files.
3. Find the installation files, usually named Setup.exe and double click on it.
4. This will download the executable files.
5. Double click on these files and click on Run after the download is complete.
HOW TO REINSTALL
There are times when you have to troubleshoot an issue in the system by uninstalling the system. The best way to reinstall a system is to uninstall in the software from your system completely and then install an updated version of the software. Follow the same steps of installation as described above to reinstall software on your system.
HOW TO UNINSTALL
In case you want to uninstall software from your system, follow these steps for easy and hassle free uninstallation:
1. Go to the Start Menu.
2. Click on the Control Panel to open it.
3. Click on the Add or Remove Programs Tab.
4. A window will open with the list of all the installed programs on your system.
5. Select the program you wish to uninstall from the list.
6. Next click on the Uninstall or Change/Remove tab on top of the window.
7. Your program will be uninstalled from your system easily.
In order to maintain the good health of your computer system, it is important that you keep a tab on the functionalities of your system. Should you come across any problems in the functioning of your system, you can easily uninstall, reinstall or install programs using the steps described above. Remember to use original software for your functions. This will keep your system working efficiently for a longer period of time.